Playing: Joy Crookes ‘Don’t let me down’
In my opinion the best cookiesDANS LE MEAL
and the easiest to make.
Makes about 15
- 170 gr unsalted butter
- 100 gr muscavado sugar
- 80 gr granulated sugar
- 230 gr all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 200 gr dark chocolate
- Sea salt
- Cut the butter into cubes and mel it in a saucepan over medium heat. Once melted, keep heating until it turns golden brown and you can feel that nutty aroma. Let it cool.
- Sift the sugars together into a bowl.
- Pour the cooled brown butter into the bowl, along with the vanilla extract and the egg. Combine together using a whisk.
- Add the dry ingredients and stir again, this time using a wooden spoon.
- Add the chocolate cut into chunks and fold everything together.
- Once the dough is ready, let it rest in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Using an ice cream scoop or a spoon, make the dough balls.
- Line them on a baking sheet with parchment paper. Make sure to leave a bit of space between them, at least 5 cm.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Sprinkle with sea salt while they are baking.
- When they are done, leave them for 2 minutes on a baking tray and then transfert hem to a cooling rack.